Friday, August 15, 2014

Boobs

Back in April I met up with some of my twitter running companions in Putney, we had a day and evening together and then met up with some more the next day for the Richmond Park 10k.

Unbeknownst to them I was feeling a little under the weather, tired, hungry and massively bloated. Baby Murdoch had been cooking for almost a month already and although it was so difficult to keep it secret, it was much too early to tell anyone.  


Things got tricky when we took a trip to Lululemon to visit our buddy Liz for some samples.  A trying-on session ensued and my normally shameless self suddenly felt completely self-conscious as my bloated belly seemed to bulge over and out of everything remotely tight and my thighs had somehow doubled in size overnight.  Even more difficult was the sports bra discussion; normally resembling those of a 12 year old boy, my boobs would in general lean themselves to something cute and light like the Free to Be bra (soooo nice!) or the Flow y bra - hardly needing any support at the most jumping-up-and-down of times.  

But for the first time in my life, I have melons.  They need to be held down.  In my paranoid state I was recommended the All Sport Bra and tried on a few sizes until found one that was... big enough.

I know it's taken me a while to write this review but I thought I'd give it a really good workout before sharing my thoughts.  And yes, still running at 25 weeks pregnant thank you! 



I'm so glad I was given this sports bra!  It's really, really good.  And it came into my life at just the right time.  The folks at Lululemon really care about creating products that are made for specific purposes. They're not just churning out 'sportswear' - they seem to have thought about women and what they need for their various activities.

There's nice wide straps and no seams that dig or chafe.  The fabric wicks sweat away and the design seems to move with you instead of kind of bunching/gaping/pulling when you stretch in different directions.  

It comes in a lovely grey colour as well as the black which I have.  Maybe I'll treat myself to another and celebrate these baps while they last. 

Now I wonder if they've considered making teeny tiny baby yoga pants...



No comments:

Post a Comment