Monday, January 27, 2014

Bridesmaid dress shopping doesn't have to be painful


As today is our quarter-year anniversary I thought I'd entertain you with a wedding - based blog update!

We got engaged in April of last year and by June we had our registrar booked, our venue and date sorted and I had bribed five of my dearest ladyfriends to be bridesmaids. 

To be honest I did lay awake in bed many nights going through colour combos for bridesmaid dresses. I was trying to figure out how I could convince them that stripes would look good. I even contemplated denim at one point and was met with a 'what, like B'witched?' reply from a friend who I have since thanked from saving me from a potential fail.  

So when these off-white dresses caught my eye at TK Maxx in late June I had a lightbulb moment and took the proverbial bull by the horns.  I bought six in various styles and the total cost of the dresses was less than £90.  Thank goodness the hardest part of the whole process was deciding which ones looked worst on each girl. I had them all try all of the dresses on and by process of elimination over the course of the summer the dresses chose their owners. Job done! Here's some pics of the frocks and my bestie's trying-on session in my bedroom.  



No comments:

Post a Comment