Friday, May 13, 2016

Quilt life

I've been working on squares for a quilt for a while now and when it came to cutting them all to size I realised by George I had enough for TWO quilts.

You can follow the life of these two quilts over on my instagram hashtag #nicolaquilts, but in the meantime here's some photos of the finished pieces.






One quilt is backed with a heavyweight twill and has the saying 'don't let your dreams be dreams.' The other, my personal favourite, is backed with a fleece printed with my design - and it is SO SOFT. Spoonflower actually just started doing this fleece and I'd really recommend for blankets and quilts, it's a lovely weight and softness.

If you're thinking of giving quilting a go, do it! These two are made entirely from my own design fabrics but of course you can use anything - get creative.


No comments:

Post a Comment